Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rodeo

The restless soul will follow me,
Though they may try to hide or flee.

In the end, you will see,
They always end up back with me.

The satisfied with run and hide,
They say the never will with me abide.

That they'll never be trapped at my side,
But with a partner, until they've died.

'To have and to hold' what a wonderful phrase,
To bind them all of thier days.

The think they'll be happier, and that they will be,
But the restless soul who follows me,
Alas, will never see.

Riding and falling are part of the game,
Most people conclude that they are insane.

Insane they must be,
But oh for the sweet taste of victory.

To hear the crowds cheer,
Is what they hold most dear.

They have aught but a burning need within,
To feel the fierey rush of thier adrenaline.

All jacked up on beer and cheap cigarettes,
They're sure to win all of thier bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment